The New Older People: Challenges and Opportunities after COVID-19
May 20-21, 2021
ONLINE - Zoom
The 1st International Seminar Psychogerontology and Geriatrics ACT-ING (Active Aging) under the theme “The New Older People: Challenges and Opportunities after COVID-19” aims to alert and reinforce the need to invest in research and in practices that guarantee the dignity and quality in growing old, after such a demanding and even aggressive period faced by the elderly. It arose precisely from the need felt by professionals, the elderly and researchers to resume and reinforce the pace of work to help with active aging. This seminar aims to:
- Share scientific knowledge about the aging process.
- Identify and share good research and intervention practices with the elderly.
- Stimulate research in the field of Geriatrics and Psychogerontology.
- Promote and strengthen relationships between the scientific and technical community and entities working in fields related to aging.
- Reflect critically on the co-construction of a society that integrates the elderly and other people with some degree of dependency.