The CIES-UBI, a pole of the Center for Research and Studies in Sociology (CIES-IUL) in UBI, was founded in 2012 as a result of
meeting the objectives pursued either by ISCTE-IUL, through the CIES-IUL, either by UBI, within the scientific research and
diffusion of knowledge in the field of sociology and other social sciences.
Its main goals:
- Develop projects of pure or applied research in the field of sociology or other related social sciences;
- Develop theoretical models and methodologies within the framework of the different lines of research and projects;
- Promote and support national and international publication of research results, in the areas of knowledge considered relevant and innovative;
- Promote and assess the social intervention based on research;
- Organize and assist in the organization of congresses, symposia, seminars, specialized courses, scientific meetings and conference cycles;
- Stimulate and deepen the connection of the University with the community, actively promoting inter-institutional forms of cooperation that contribute to the formation of policy-making and action.
Scientific Coordinator: Nuno Miguel Cavaca Augusto
Estrada do Sineiro
Phone +351 275 319 600
uBibliorum | Coleção do CIES-UBI - Centre for Research and Studies in Sociology