Visa & Entry Requirements
For short stays (up to 90 days) visitors from the USA can enter Portugal with Passport Only.
As a general rule, the necessary documents for student visa applications for entry in Portugal are:
- Passport or other travelling document (Expiration date not less than three months later than visa’s)
- Three passport size photos
- Criminal register
- Health insurance certificate
- Lodging certificate in Portugal
- Proof of funds upon arrival in Portugal
- Academic registration document
- Vaccines bulletin
- Academic qualifications document (certified by the local Portuguese Embassy/Consulate)
Additional documents may be required, so this information should be confirmed when requesting a Visa. On the SEF (Emigration and Border Service) page there is information about the different types of visas and also about the necessary documentation to obtain them.
Apply for the Visa as soon as possible. Visa issues demand some time and attention.
Check with the relevant Embassies/Consulates regarding which documents you need to obtain a visa.
Double check all forms and the information you fill in. Sometimes small mistakes may result in the refusal of the visa request.
Always keep copies of the originals you submit. You may need them.
ESTATUTO DO ESTUDANTE INTERNACIONAL
REGULATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT