Profile of the programme
This Master, specialized in the Lusophone world, a strategic area, allows to continue studies in scientific domaines in which the Department of Arts of University of Beira Interior has invested on the 1st Cycle of Portuguese and Spanish Studies and 2nd Cycle in Teaching, Cultural, Linguistic and Literature Studies and even in international congresses that deal with relations between Portugal, Brazil and the PALOP, and meetings with Lusophone writers and essayists. Avoiding excessive specialization that limits career opportunities, this master increases horizons, including linguistic Lusophone, historical, literary, artistic and rhetoric. The acquisition of these skills is consolidated in the preparation and presentation of a dissertational work focused on the aspects of Lusophone
The main audience of this master are researchers, teachers of Language, Literature, Social Studies or History, Tour promoters, journalists, editors, translators and specialists in international relations.
Key learning outcomes
Apart from the acquisition of theoretical knowledge depth at the end of the course the student should have the following skills: he adopts a critical, creative and reflective attitude to the linguistic, historical, literary, artistic, teaching and strategic reality in the lusophone world; understands, analyzes and uses conceptual, theoretical and methodological tools and analytical and advanced comparative techniques applied to different areas of lusophone cultures or different times of a lusophone culture; understands and interprets theoretical and empirical literature carried by leading international publications in the areas of specialization; develops logical and original arguments, maintains its defense and develops critical thinking; demonstrates literacy communication to ensure a fruitful academic and professional performance; increases his knowledge of the latin roots of lusophone cultures; proceeds, with scientific rigor, the integration of interdisciplinary knowledge approach and resolution emerging problems in lusophone world; demonstrates ability to develop projects, essays and academic papers related to research areas of knowledge in question.
Occupational profiles of graduates
1. Research in the areas of Lusophone Studies, be they linguistic, literary, historical, rhetorical, didactic, political, diplomatic or military;
2. Education / Career Development Professor (groups of recruitment 100, 110, 200, 210, 220, 300, 310, 320, 330, 340 and 350 of Pre-school, primary, 2nd and 3rd cycles, and secondary education) ;
3. International Relations;
4. Promotion and cultural enhancement;
5. Highly specialized Tourism;
6. Technical staff of public or private institutions;
7. Enterprises related with lusophone world.
Central Library of the University of Beira Interior;
- Libraries and Digital Magazines: BOAL (www.boal.ubi.pt) BOCC (www.bocc.ubi.pt); LUSOSOFIA (www.lusosofia.net); UBITHESIS (ubithesis.ubi.pt); UBILETRAS (www.ubiletras.ubi.pt);
- Classrooms equipped with boards and video projectors and new technologies;
- Secretary of the Department of Arts and Teacher’s Offices;
- Languages Laboratory - where recognized language classes take place, using the latest technology;
- Moodle Digital platform – a tool that allows the interaction at distance between teachers and students and the availability of materials;
- Other support structures: Internationalization, Internships and Careers Office, under Vice-rector supervision; Wool Museum; European Documentation Centre; CREA; LabCom: Online Laboratory of Communication Sciences; Graphics and Publications Services;
- Structures for social support: canteens, housing, clinical services and spaces for the practice of sports.