– P. W. Atkins, 6ª ed, Physical Chemistry, Oxford University Press, 1998
 – Raymond Chang, "Química", 5ª ed, Editora McGraw-Hill de Portugal Lda, Lisboa, 1994.
 – D. A. Skoog, D. M. West, F. J. Holler, Analytical Chemistry, 7ª ed, Saunders College Publishing, 1996
 – J. B. Russel, "Química Geral" 2ª ed, Editora McGraw-Hill, Rio de Janeiro, 1994.
 – L. S. Campos, M. Mourato, “Nomenclatura de Compostos Orgânicos”, 2ª ed, Escolar Editora, Lisboa, 2000
 – T. W. Graham Solomons, C. B. Fryhle “Organic Chemistry”, 7th ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc.: New York, 2000.
 – T. W. Graham Solomons, “Química Orgânica”, Vol. 1 e 2, 6ª ed., LTC Livros Técnicos e Científicos Editora S. A.: Rio de Janeiro,
Teaching Methodologies and Assessment Criteria
The course includes theoretical and practice typology classes (45h) and laboratory practice classes for 2-3 group students (15h). Also includes tutorial support (2h / week). Lectures will present and develop the themes covered in the program, facing basic scientific concepts consolidation, problem solving, etc. Laboratory classes will be based on experimental protocols provided by the teacher. The contents are provided to students in advance in e-learning (Moodle) enabling students prior knowledge of the subject being taught. In master classes students will be asked to participate. The evaluation methodology consists of various elements including, among others, the summative tests and students performance in laboratory classes.