This course aims to develop knowledge and practices in the orientation, promotion and prescription of exercise for individuals in the context of individualized workout and exercise programs and health according to the characteristics of the target population competencies.
Understands the pedagogical principles underlying classes personal training and exercise and health activities, demonstrating teaching skills in their orientation;
• Demonstrates a basic mastery in performing physical activities in the context of individualized training and in the context of exercise and health programs.
• Prescribes, coaches and evaluates exercise programs to improve cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, flexibility and body composition for moderately trained and untrained individuals.
- Vivian, H. (2010). “Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription”. 6ª Edição, Human Kinetics. ISBN-13: 9780736086592.
- American College of Sports Medicine (2010). “ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription”. 8ª Edição.
- Morris, J.N., Hardman, A.E., Stensel, D.J. (2009). “Physical Activity and Health: The Evidence Explained”. 2ª Edição.
- Hardman, A.E. and Stensel,D. (2003). “Physical Activity and Health. The Evidence Explained”. London, Routledge.
- Welk,G.J. (2002). “Physical Activity Assessments for Health-Related Research”. Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- Biddle,S., Fox,K., Boitchers,S. (2002). “Physical Activity and Psychological Well Being”. London, Routledge.
- Caspersen, C.J., Powell, K.E., Christenson, G.M. (1985). “Physical Activity, exercise, and physical fitness: definitions and distinctions for health research”. Public Health Report. USA, 100(2), 172-179.