Profile of the programme
This master course seeks to answer the demands required by the information and knowledge society for professionals of teaching and training . Articulating theory and practice and considering supervision as an activity of constructing knowledge through reflection, analysis and questioning of pedagogical practices and tacit knowledge underlying the professional solutions that meet the educational act, it aims to allow a reflective practice. Therefore, assuming the perspective of an epistemology of practice (development of teacher knowledge and training as knowledge itself), it seeks to operationalize the idea of supervisors as critical and reflective professionals, able to mobilize the educational and didactic knowledge towards a developed scientific understanding of the situations experienced in schools and educational systems, contributing to their quality and improvement.
Key learning outcomes
At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
• Mobilize contributions of the main theoretical models of Supervision;
• Discuss the guidelines and key trends of educational policies and teacher education;
• Identify, discuss and justify the main trends in curriculum development;
• Design and implement assessment and observation tools of educational situations;
• Apply basic concepts of transversal educational areas;
• Interpret in a reasoned and critical way scientific production in Supervision
• Solve problems in the area of educational supervision and coordination;
• Make decisions based on pedagogical supervision and coordination;
• Work collaboratively;
• Develop a reflective professionalism
Occupational profiles of graduates
Educational Advisement; Pedagogical Coordination, Management Training.
- Classrooms and lecture halls equipped with audiovisual media;
spaces reserved for: tutorial teaching, individual study and group work, self-learning and generic competences;
- Classroom computer.
- Library of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities;
- Bibliographic databases;
- Software licenses to support educational research (SPSS; AMOS; Nvivo);
- Services provided by CIUBI: account access, electronic mail, personal area
hosting web pages, wireless, e-learning platform, printing, VPN access,
software solutions management areas, among others.
Requirements and regulations (assessment and graduation)
UBI Regulations [PT]
Regulation of Master's Degree of Pedagogical Supervision (approved by the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities of January 13, 2011)