The main objective of this curricular unit is to transmit knowledge about entrepreneurship and business creation process, to develop in forming a series of skills and attitudes that foster entrepreneurship, targeting the creation of new businesses, as well as generating new business and projects in companies / institutions exist. Impart knowledge about the business plan, developed in forming a series of skills and attitudes that encourage critical reflection on the business model.
Skills that students must acquire with curricular unit:
- Understand the context for the entrepreneurship and the importance of small and medium-sized enterprises in economic and social development of countries;
- Acquire knowledge about the characteristics of entrepreneurs and the entrepreneurial process;
- Understand the importance of the planning process;
- Learn to develop, write and present an effective business plan for a new company (start-up).
- Ferreira, M. P., Serra, F.R., Reis, N.R. (2009) Marketing para empreendedores e Pequenas empresas, 2º Ed, Lidel;
- Ferreira, M. P., Santos, J.C. e Serra, F. R. (2008) Ser Empreendedor: Pensar, Criar e Moldar a nova empresa, Edições Sílabo, Lisboa;
- Peters, M., Shepherd, D. (2005) Entrepreneurship. Empreendedores, 6ª Ed, McGraw-Hill, Madrid;
- Osterwalder, A., e Pigneur, Y. (2010) Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Wiley;
- Sarkar, S. (2010) “Empreendedorismo e Inovação”, 2ªEd. Escolar Editora, Lisboa;
- Silva, M. J. (2007) “Inovação e Empreendedorismo” in Manual de Dinamização de Empresas de Base Tecnológica (Eds.);
- Raposo, M., Silva, M.J. & Rodrigues, R., UBI, pp. 23-41. ISBN: 978-972-8790-17-6;
- Silva, M. J. (2013) Guia de Empreendedorismo Tecnológico, INESPO, UBI, Covilhã pp. ISBN: 978-989-20-4227-5;
- Thompson, A., Strickland, A. e Gamble, J. (2008) Administração estratégica, 15ª Ed, McGraw-Hill Portugal.
Teaching Methodologies and Assessment Criteria
The evaluation of the curricular unit will have two components:
a) Individual assessment through 1 individual work (business plan analysis): 30%
b) Collective evaluation of each working group (Business Plan + Strategic Plan) - 70%, of which:
b1) Final written report on the Implementation of the Business Plan + Strategic Diagnosis of StartUP- 60% of the final grade
b2) Oral presentation of the Business Implementation Plan and PITCH - 10% of the final grade
CAContinua = 0,30x individual work + 0,60x Business plan + 0,10x PN presentation + Pitch
CExame = 0,30x individual work+ 0,60x Business plan + 0,10x presentation PN + Pitch