1- Introduction to human resources management.
2. Strategic and administrative human resource management.
3. Human resources management policies and practices.
4. The individual
4.1- Individual characteristics, values, attitudes and job satisfaction.
4.2- Personality, emotion, perceptions and decision-making.
4.3- Motivation: theories and pratical applications.
5. Groups and teams in organizations.
5.1- Concepts and group processes.
5.2- Leadership and communication.
5.3- Power, conflict and negotiation.
6- The organizational system.
6.1- Organizational structure, technology and work planning.
6.2- Organizational culture.
7- The organizational dynamics.
7.1- Organizational change and stress.
7.2- Organizational behaviour in the digital era.
- CUNHA, M.P., REGO, A., CUNHA, R.C., CARDOSO, C.C. (2016) “Manual de Comportamento Organizacional e Gestão”, (6ªEd.), Editora RH, Lisboa. Psicossociologia do trabalho e das organizações, Lidel Pactor, Lisboa. - NEWSTROM J.W. (2008) "Comportamento Organizacional, o comportamento humano no trabalho", McGraw-Hill Brasil, S.Paulo, - REGO, A., CUNHA, M.P, (2009) "Manual de Gestão Transcultural de Gestão de Recursos Humanos", Editora RH, Lisboa. - ROBBINS SP JUDGE TA (2017). Essentials Of Organizational Behavior, Pearson Education, Harlow. - SCHEIN, E.H. (2010) Organizational culture and Leadership, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
Teaching Methodologies and Assessment Criteria
The classes are theoretical-practical, constituted by a part with theoretical exposition by the teacher with recourse to the Powerpoint; another part with exposure, analysis and discussion of scientific articles or practical cases (previously delivered to students); finally, questions are presented to be solved by the students. The practical cases can also be solved and delivered via email to the teacher.
- A written test (60%).
- Individual practical cases and quality of class participation (10%)
- Group work (30%).