Profile of the programme
The objectives of This 2nd cycle of studies are in accordance with the recommendations of he Bologna
agreement and are the following:
- To develop research in marketing
-To provide specialized training for certain sectors of the labor market, especially in the Public sector,
Business-to-business, International Marketing and Tourism, enabling students to increase, in a relevant
manner, job performance
- To provide students with more advanced techniques and methods of analysis
- To stimulate reflection and critical strategic thinking on students
- To provide the capacity to apply concepts to the analysis of the structural and cyclical situations
- To promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge sharing.
Key learning outcomes
Those acquired in a First cycle, and also:
- Possess thorough knowledge of specific areas of marketing
- Ability to develop applied research in particular areas of marketing
- Ability to create and develop projects in specific areas of marketing
- Ability to apply creative solutions to new situations
- Ability to analyze situations
- Ability to assess risks
- Ability to synthesize diverse points of view
- Ability to determine causes and motives
- Ability to propose action plans
- Capacity of effort and perseverance
- Ability to learn
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and integrate diverse information sources
- Ability to work independently or in groups
- Ability to integrate knowledge
- Ability to develop self-directed work
- Ability to communicate their knowledge to different audiences
Occupational profiles of graduates
- Marketing director
- Marketing consultant
- Market researcher and analyst
- Advertising account
- Commercial manager
- Sales manager
- Product manager
- Costumer manager
- Media researcher
- Store manager
- Direct marketing manager
- Web-marketing and e-commerce manager
Additionally three testimonials that validate the importance of the graduation in marketing, to the persecution of their professional activity, were collected:
Lilia Barreiros Varejão, responsible for Account Management, Production and Business in the New Lobby Productions: "The marketing course gave me skills to be able to analyse customer needs, in order to submit a proposal relevant and appropriate for clients' business"
Leonor Maria Figueiredo Sena Esteves, head of the Quality Department of Torfal - "The marketing course increased in a generalized way my skills, although I may highlight the development of my capacity for reasoning and planning projects"
Azevedo José Miguel Cruz, Junior Marketing Manager at Microsoft Corporation - "The Marketing course gave me many of the tools necessary to perform my duties in one of the largest companies in the world. Allowed me to acquire the theoretical foundations and skills necessary to overcome the challenges that are proposed to me daily".
the Business and Economics Department, in which the graduation in Marketing is integrated, is located in the Pole IV of the UBI and provides to all academic community the following structures and equipments:
- Library with books and scientific journals specialised in the Marketing field, and also in complementary domains such as: Economics, Management, Sociology, Psychology, and others.
- Bibliographic database online: B-On and PROQUEST.
- NECE (Centre for Studies in Management Sciences) which is a research unit where is possible to develop researches in the marketing field.
- Access point to INE (Statistics National Institute) and Centre of European Documentation in the Central Library
- Informatics rooms with specific software (SPSS, EViews, Amos, Microfit, ATLAS.TI, SmartPLS, CATI) and up-dated hardware.
- Wireless network accessible in all campus.
- Self-learning room.
- Equipment of advanced research (eye tracking).
- Multimedia Centre.