Profile of the programme
The Master in Design and Development of Digital Games (G3D) has as its main objective: to provide its students with a solid theoretical foundation, through interdisciplinary practice with foundations in computer science and game design, articulating with other areas that are necessary for the development, evaluation and dissemination of digital games, such as games narratives (storytelling), cinema management, "concept art", cognitive ergonomics, user experience and scientific methodology, scientific areas to train professionals capable of modelling, develop, investigate, evaluate and implement their own businesses through the sciences of entertainment for fixed platforms (consoles), mobile (mobile games) and many other applications.
Key learning outcomes
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
a) apply the knowledge gained both a professional and scientific approach;
b) Contribute with the digital games industry from the early stages to the most advanced stages of development and launch;
c) have multidisciplinary skills, focusing on design and informatics;
d) be able to make a coherent balancing of a digital game, solve problems and justify their own arguments;
e) Integrate, manage and assemble multidisciplinary teams to develop a digital game.
Occupational profiles of graduates
Main career opportunities
Video Game Developer;
Consultant in Game Development;
Consultant in Game Design;
Team leader and Manager development in video game industry.
Video Game Tester;
Mobile apps Developer;
Mobile apps Designer;
Game and Simulation Programming;
Game Artist and Designer;
Specialist in Game Sorytelling
- Laboratory of Design and Development of Digital Games (G3DLab) equipped with the latest generation workstations, digitizing tablets, area for consoles tests and mobile tests, mini-cave virtual reality and augmented reality, meeting room and infrastructure operating 24 hours
- Classroom equipped with workstations for teaching of Multimedia, Design and Development of Digital Games (G3Dmasters);
- Own Library with a collection of digital games;
- "Game library" for testing and experiments.
- Laboratory for Interactive Installations (LIMI);
- Workshops on Audiovisual and Multimedia;
- Laboratory of Graphic Design (LDG);
- Laboratory of Photography;
- Graphic Services;
Access to infrastructure provided by various research groups: Regain, Medialab, Ergolab, Labcom and IADE-UX.Lab .