This CU aims to promote a comprehensive and integrative perspective of psychological assessment in a clinical context, with the deepening of knowledge and skills in the use of essential tools, namely in the areas of mental, social-emotional and behavioral health. At the end of CU the student should be able to:
1. Identify and use appropriate methodologies for psychological constructs assessment;
2. Select, administer and quote psychological assessment instruments for mental health, social-emotional and behavioral domains;
3. Demonstrate reflexive and decision-making capacities in the process of psychological assessment;
4. Analyze, interpret and communicate, in a scientific and critical way, the results of the process of psychological assessment applied to clinical context;
5. Demonstrate mastery of writing techniques of psychological reports;
6. Reflect upon the ethical and deontological implications and responsibilities of psychological assessment.
1. Symptoms assessment in clinical settings (children, adolescents and adults)
1.1. Characterization of different scales, questionnaires and inventories
1.2. Administration, coding and interpretation.
2. Projective assessment (children, adolescents and adults)
2.1. Characterization of different projective techniques
2.2. Administration, coding and interpretation.
3. Psychological Reports
3.1. Principles of effective oral and written communication of results
3.2. Guidelines and recommendations for elaboration of psychological reports
Anastasi, A.,& Urbina, S. (2000). Testagem psicológica. Porto Alegre. Artmed Editora.
. Boyle, G.J., Saklofske, D. H., Matthews, G. (Eds.) (2012). Psychological Assessment (Vol. I-IV). New York: Sage.
. Gonçalves, M.M., Simões, M.R., Almeida, L.S., & Machado, C. (Coords.) (2003). Avaliação psicológica: Instrumentos validados para a população portuguesa (Vol. I). Coimbra: Quarteto.
- Fernandez-Ballesteros, R. & Vizcarro Guarch, C. (2010). Evaluación Psicológica: conceptos, métodos y estudio de casos. Madrid: Ed Pirámide.
. Maruish, M. E. (Ed.) (2004). The use of psychological testing for treatment planning and outcomes assessment (3rd ed.) (Vol. I-III). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
. Ownby, R.L. (2007). Psychological reports: A guide to report writing in professional psychology (4rd ed.). New York: Wiley.
. Zuckerman, E.L. (2010). Clinician’s thesaurus: The guide to conducting interviews and writting psychological reports (7th ed.). New York: Guilford.