1. Schaum's Outline of Electromagnetics, Joseph Edminister, second edition, McGraw-Hill, 1993.
2. Circuit Analysis: Theory and Practice, 3th edition, Robbins and Miller, Thomson Delmar Learning, 2003.
3. The Art of Electronics, Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, Cambridge University Press, 1996.
4. Advanced Circuit Analysis, Paul E. Bennett, Oxford University Press, 1992.
5. Introdução aos Circuitos Eléctricos e Electrónicos”, M. de Medeiros Silva, Fundação C. Gulbenkian, 2001.
6. Microelectronics Circuits (4th edition), Adel S. Sedra e Kenneth C. Smith, Oxford University Press, 1998.
7. Manual to support the theoretical classes of Electrotechnics, Maria do Rosário Alves Calado, Universidade da Beira Interior, UBI 2017.
6. Laboratory tutorials of Electrotechnics, Maria do Rosário Alves Calado, Universidade da Beira Interior, UBI 2017.
Teaching Methodologies and Assessment Criteria
The teaching methods are based on the understanding and using of the Electrical and Electronic concepts. The theoretical concepts are taught in view of the practical application to new situations. Students are faced with practical problems to be solved and are requested to perform small projects of electric and electronic systems and also to analyse the obtained data. The experimental tests are encouraged, to demonstrate theoretical concepts.
The students are evaluated continuously along the semester, following the model: experimental works and reports (15%), tests (80%) and presences (5%).
Students who failed this model are evaluated in a final semester exam, following the model: experimental works and reports (15%), exam (85%).