You need to activate javascript for this site.
Menu Conteúdo Rodapé
  1. Home
  2. International Credit Mobility
  3. Students


How to apply?

University of Beira Interior needs to receive the following documents:

  • Nomination from the Partner University;
  • Certificate of Diploma;
  • Learning Agreement;
  • Passport Copy


Do I need a VISA?

If you need a Visa, you could find information here:

Information on how to apply for a visa to study in Portugal is available here

On the SEF page there is information about the different types of visas and also about the necessary documentation to obtain them.

Or may find the Portuguese Consulate/Embassy nearest to your residence here


Before Departure

Before your departure to Covilhã, do not forget to bring:

  • ID card or Passport (if you are not an EU citizen)
  • European Health Insurance Card or a private medical insurance (if you are not an EU citizen) or PB4 for Brazilian citizens
  • Vaccination Book (with the tetanus vaccine up to date)
  • Visa (compulsory for non-EU citizens)
  • Confirmation of Accommodation at UBI (if applicable)
  • Get an ESN Mentor (you will receive an email)


During the Mobility

After you arrive to Covilhã visit the Office of Internationalization, Internships and Careers (GISP) to receive information and documents (declaration of stay, NIF Declaration, student card, welcome kit, among others information).

Since UBI is the paying entity, to receive the scholarship you need to do following step in your first day:

  1. Receive the NIF Declaration at the Office of Internationalization, Internships and Careers to go to the Finances Office and pick up your NIF (Tax Identification Number);
  2. After you have the NIF, you need to create a Bank Account to have a national account to receive the scholarship;
  3. When you have all these questions finalized, you can sign in our Platform UBI;
  4. Then, you just need to wait a few days to receive the scholarship in your Portuguese bank account;
  5. If you need help, you can ask to your ESN Mentor

During your mobility you will:

  • Meet with your Mobility Coordinator;
  • Change the Learning Agreement (if necessary);
  • Go to class;
  • Know Covilhã;
  • Have Fun.


After the Mobility

Before you leave UBI, you must pass by the Office of Internationalization, Internships and Careers (GISP) to get the Declaration of Stay – one day before you leaving.

Last update on: 04/06/2018

The cookies used in this website do not collect personal information that helps to identify you. By continuing you agree to the cookie policy.